The certificate provides students with an understanding of the principles of cross-cultural English language teaching, classroom management, and lesson planning. Additionally, the certificate further develops practical skills necessary for the effective planning and delivery of course content, including emphasis on leadership in the classroom, student assessment, and delivery of curriculum, while promoting skills in cross-cultural classroom communication.
What Can I Do with an International Certificate in TEFL?
- Teach in cross-cultural contexts abroad
- Lay ministry and trade opportunities in countries with limited or creative access
- Advance education in underdeveloped countries
- Prepare effectively for further studies in linguistics, second or foreign language teaching, or education
- The TEFL Certificate also provides the background and skills needed for teaching in an English-speaking country
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the TEFL Certificate, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of major principles related to the teaching of a foreign language, especially as applied to teaching English.
- Develop a thorough understanding of how to manage classrooms and teach English effectively in a variety of cultural contexts throughout the world.
- Integrate theoretical insights from language acquisition research with biblical principles to articulate a sound philosophy of English language teaching.
- Apply to teaching practice effective methods of instruction and assessment in all aspects of English teaching (vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, conversation).
- Implement effective pedagogical principles for the teaching and integration of all modalities (listening, reading, speaking, and writing) in creating lessons and materials for TEFL.